Louis A. Kessler joined the firm in 2023 as of counsel. He specializes in complex antitrust and securities fraud class action litigation. His career exemplifies his passion for advocating for consumers, investors, employees and small businesses that have been subject to harmful and illegal business practices.
Louis joined the firm from Cera LLP, a San Francisco class action litigation boutique where for over eight years his practice focused on complex securities fraud and antitrust litigation. His responsibilities covered fact research, pleadings, motion practice, complex e-discovery, depositions, expert reports, mediations, settlements, and the evaluation of potential securities fraud cases.
For eight years prior to that position, Louis was an associate at top-tier firms in San Francisco and Chicago, where his practice covered complex civil litigation, particularly antitrust, securities fraud, and consumer fraud class actions. During his time at these firms and Cera, he litigated high-profile antitrust cases such as:
- In re Air Cargo Shipping Services Antitrust Litigation
- In re Aluminum Warehousing Antitrust Litigation
- In re AOL Time Warner Inc. Securities Litigation
- In re DRAM Antitrust Litigation
- In re Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) Antitrust Litigation
- In re Merrill Lynch Research Reports Securities Litigation
- In re RC2 Corp. Toy Lead Paint Products Liability Litigation
- In re Rubber Chemicals Antitrust Litigation
- In re Salomon Analyst AT&T Litigation
- In re Sara Lee Corporation Securities Litigation
- In re TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litigation
- In re Tronox, Inc. Securities Litigation
- Jon D. Gruber v. Ryan R. Gilbertson, et al. (Dakota Plains Securities Litig.)
- Sender v. Franklin Resources Inc.
Louis is a member of the American Bar Association.