Securities law supported by effective plaintiff securities litigation ensure that investors receive accurate financial and other significant information concerning securities being offered for public sale. This includes securities sold on public stock exchanges and through private investment offerings. Securities law and related suits also prohibit deceit, misrepresentations, and other fraud in the sale of securities. Investors who lose money because they received incomplete or inaccurate disclosure of important information have rights under federal and state securities and other laws. Effective enforcement of securities laws is crucial to the functioning of financial markets, capital formation, entrepreneurism, and innovation.
Issues regarding corporate governance and shareholder disputes have increased in importance. When business interests diverge, corporate governance issues may arise through derivative lawsuits asserting allegations of breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentation, self-dealing, minority owner oppression, or theft. These disputes can be related to mergers and acquisitions, partnership disputes, and earn-out disagreements, or they may result from officer elections and demands for action, accountings, meetings, or records.
Securities Litigation and shareholder disputes sometimes result in class actions, addressing a wide range of issues involving corporate governance and operations, including:
- IPOs, secondary offering, and private placements
- Insider trading
- Tender offers and proxy solicitations
- Mergers, acquisitions, failures to pay distributions or dividends, termination of partnership agreements, earn-out disagreements, and other significant management decisions, including those regarding stock options
- Buyouts, breaches of contract and fiduciary duty, fraud, and other torts
- Purchases and sales of cryptocurrency, including bitcoin
- Derivative litigation, breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentation, self-dealing, squeeze-outs, and suppression of minority shareholders
- Restating earnings
- Company earnings projections and representations
- Suppression of the rights of minority owners
The Joseph Saveri Law Firm has a winning record of advocating on behalf of plaintiffs in these types of claims and issues, and is knowledgeable about the federal securities and state law statutes that govern them. We are experts in investigating facts, interviewing witnesses, analyzing documents, implementing effective motion practice, and obtaining class certification. We also provide counselling and guidance to start-ups and their executives regarding corporate governance, venture financing, and acquisitions.
Are you a victim of securities or shareholder violations? Perhaps you are experiencing unethical or financial violations in one or more of the above situations? We encourage you to contact us about these or any other issues you are aware of that impact you, your colleagues, or your business. We will answer your questions and evaluate your situation without charge, and any conversations will be kept confidential as provided by law. We are here to assist you with any potential securities and shareholder disputes when needed.